When developing Umbraco sites in teams across source control, a massive number of developers’ problems within the team can be solved by following these steps, or asking yourself these questions.
- Have You Committed (to git)?
- Have You Pushed (to git)?
- Have You Pulled (from git)?
- Have You Merged (from git)?
- Have You Built (in Visual Studio)?
- Have You Published (all, in /umbraco/)?
- Have You Re-indexed your Examine indexes (/umbraco/#developer **, ***)?
** Install Ismail’s awesome Examine Index admin plugin for this – http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/examine-index-admin
*** You can also do your team a favour and remove this steps altogether by forcing a re-index on application start.
I’ve lost count over how many times that’s solved the most complex looking problems, and they’re simple enough for anyone to follow. Your source control and process may vary, of course.